Pairing beautifully with a range of flavours, our award winning Rooibos is an easy way to put an exotic twist on even the most classic desserts. With red espresso, one shot is all you need to infuse your dessert with the essence of Rooibos.
1. Prepare red espresso – as you would coffee – using your coffee appliance:
2. Pour gelatine into a small bowl and cover with red espresso Rooibos tea. Let stand for 15 minutes.
3. Place cream, sugar and vanilla in a pot set over low heat and scald. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Place the bowl of gelatine in a large bowl of hot water and stir gently until the gelatine has melted. Pour into cream mixture and stir through.
5. Divide mixture between four ramekins, cover with cling film and chill overnight.
6. When ready to serve, dip each ramekin into a dish of boiling water to release, then turn out onto individual plates.
An Italian classic with a South African twist.