Pairing beautifully with a range of flavours, our award winning Rooibos is an easy way to put an exotic twist on even the most classic desserts. With red espresso, one shot is all you need to infuse your dessert with the essence of Rooibos.
1. Prepare red espresso – as you would coffee – using your coffee appliance:
2. Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
3. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together
4. Place the red espresso and cream in a medium-sized pot and allow to come to the boil. Add the vanilla, then remove from heat immediately.
5. Pour the scalded cream over the egg yolks and whisk to combine.
6. Strain the custard mixture through a sieve, then pour into four ramekins.
7. Place ramekins in a baking dish and fill halfway up the sides of the dish with boiling water. Bake for 20 minutes, or until just set – an inserted skewer should come out clean, but the custards should still wobble a little.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely, then refrigerate for at least four hours.
9. When ready to serve, top with granulated sugar then caramelise with a blow torch or under a hot grill.
Potentially the Greatest Dessert Of All Time – we’ll let you be the judge.